Hallo,

Subject: Re: [de-users] Re: Crash bei Kopieren im Öffnen-Dialog
    From: Thomas Böhm<thomas.boehm@raiss-baustoffe.de>

Muss ich das Problem jetzt einfach hinnehmen oder auf die LO Dialogboxen umsteigen?

Du musst nichts hinnehmen, sonder wie überall in der "freien
Wirtschaft" reklamieren. Bei LO erstellt man einen Bugreport.
Hierzu muss man nur ein wenig Englisch können ;-)
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Gruß
Edgar

anscheinend gibt es bisher keinen "bug report". Ich hab' daher mal was zusammen geschrieben:

Title: "LO Crashes if in File Open Dialog the Context Menu is Used to Copy Files"

I observed 2 ways in order to reproduce the problem. First way:
[1] Start LibreOffice.
[2] Select "Text Document". Document "Untitled 1" is opened.
[3] Select: File > Open... The Open Dialog of Windows is displayed.
[4] Right click on one of the displayed files. The context menu is opened.
[5] Select "Copy". The context menu is closed.
[6] Try to close the Copy dialog. The mouse pointer changes to the sandglass of Windows... [7] And that was it. Some seconds later: Windows message, that the program does not react.

Second way in order to reproduce the problem:
[1] Start LibreOffice
[2] Select "Open...". The Open Dialog of Windows is displayed.
[3] Right click on one of the displayed files. The context menu is opened.
[4] Select "Copy". The context menu is closed.
[5] Cancel Open dialog.
[6] Select "Text Document". Document "Untitled 1" is opened. Cursor is displayed at first position, but it does not flash.
[7] Try to insert text. It does not work.
[8] Click into working area. The mouse pointer changes to the sandglass of Windows... [9] That was it. The only way to continue, is to cancel LibreOffice. Then: Windows message, that the program does not react.

If I used instead of a text document a spreadsheet, the result is randomly. Sometimes LO crashes at once, sometimes LO crashes, when I tried to save the spreadsheet, or sometimes LO crashes, if I tried later to open a new text document. Hence my impression is, that the bug can occur with a long delay.

LO versions: 3.4.5 and 3.5.0. According a mail in the German user mailing list also in all older versions of LO and also in OOo.

OS: Windows XP Home Service Pack 3, also other XP versions according mails in German user mailing list. But it seemed that not all users of XP have this problem.

Soweit von Euch keine zusätzlichen Anmerkungen kommen, werde ich den Bug bei Bugzilla heute Abend oder morgen eintragen.

Grüße Harald