Hi all!

SCALE (the Southern California Linux Expo) is coming up in a week in
Los Angeles, and if it's anything like last year, we're going to see a
few thousand people come through the expo hall during Fri-Sun.

Apart from OSCON, this is probably the biggest event that we attend on
the West coast (and perhaps in the US overall), and I thought that all
of you might have some good suggestions regarding marketing
strategies. Of course, brainstorming new ideas is relevant for other
upcoming conferences as well :-)

Each of these topics is probably worthy of its own discussion thread,
so I'm going to send out 4 emails. I hope your inboxes can take the
load... :P

Topics:

* ORGANIZING VOLUNTEERS

* LIBREOFFICE FOR ANDROID

* UPGRADING LIBREOFFICE/OPENOFFICE

* DOCUMENT FREEDOM DAY

---

ORGANIZING VOLUNTEERS

At SCALE I'm going to be collecting names and email addresses for
everyone who's interested in
- Contributing to LibreOffice in one of our teams
- Participating in a Hackfest or LibreFest
- Corporate sponsorship of events (e.g. hackfest)
- Marketing/outreach of LibreOffice in their local community
- Helping to represent LibreOffice at a future conference

=> Are there any other categories I should include on the sign-up sheet?

As I've mentioned previously, I think that some kind of tool for
helping to keep track of LibreOffice/TDF-associated people would be
great (CiviCRM?). This structure would also be helpful for
coordination with our local TDF chapters/partner organizations around
the world.

--R

--
Robinson Tryon