On 04/28/2011 09:49 AM, Carl Symons wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions<webmaster@krackedpress.com>  wrote:

snip

IF I can get some needed info, I could try to join the conversation Thursday
eve, but without the info on how to set up the software, I am out of luck.

> From a previous message on April 26th, same thread subject...

Kracked webmaster...if you find this useful, please add to wiki. I'm
getting ready for LinuxFest NW, day-of-the-event manager, also
supporting LibreOffice exhibit at the Fest, so IRC client
documentation is a ways down on the priority list.

I think I got Xchat working. I did a test post yesterday, so I hope I got it right.

Where's Bellingham? Hopefully the "fest" works well and there is a lot if interest in LibreOffice.

I also wonder what the comments will be for the Oracle dropping out of their OOo development and support.

"Just set up a chat account in Opera 11.10. Hard to imagine anything
would be much easier. Step-by-step account setup. The only thing that
might be an obstacle is that Opera insists on downloading all 29000+
rooms, which takes a while. There's a button to join a conversation
(once it's published here). Searching for "tdf" located that channel."

Now...in more detail...

1. If you don't already have Opera, download it from www.opera.com and install
2. In the menu, select "mail and chat accounts"
3.  Create an account
4. What type? - Chat (IRC)
5. Fill in your name and email address
6. Make up a Nick - preferably something that is slightly oddball that
is not already in use...krackedwebster
7. Choose network from dropdown-Freenode for your location
8. Finish
9. Opera will churn, looking for 29000+ possible channels
10. Search for documentfoundation (the IRC channel)
11. As of right now, it is not on the list, so click "Add"
12. enter documentationfoundation as room
13. Close the dialog. You'll be in the room

What further information do you need?

Carl

deleted