Loooong time user and frequent provider of donations here with a really frustrating question that does NOT fit in any FAQ or other program type Help areas! I have used, liked, and otherwise had a great relationship with LibreOffice since its early days of the Fork creating LibreOffice when it split from OpenOffice. I use it daily and love thumbing my nose at the very expensive Microsoft and other suites that exist.

Today I decided I needed some better templates so of course I cam to the LO pages first, tired of making my own and wondering where the ones I used to have had gone to. And, I was very disappointed to find nothing but a few useless templates to me, and not even a very good letter template. In fact, there are very few of them available compared to what there used to be. In addition to that, I never saw a single template that included anything later than Version 4 of Writer for example. And even less for Calc. I never found anything that said it worked in version 5. So my next trip was to OpenOffice.org to see if their templates would still work with LibreOffice, but basically the same thing occurred there. Strangely, there were a screen's worth of unrelated templates but a gazillion of them for drivers tests and learning tools for every state in the union, but nothing else. So I installed my old version of MSOffice 2007 and there was greeted with a full and expansive list of templates including all the ones I wanted and needed for Writer and Calc, my major interest. Some will work in LO but many will not, especially if they include macros and such. And the ENVELOPES situation is in the same boat! Not even a good #10 business envelope template existed!
    The same basic experience was had with Extensions also.

MAY I SUGGEST that it would behoove you big time to have a small time spend some time creating Templates at least, and Extensions of possible, to download from LO.org? Personally I am not big on graphics other than possibly my own Logo's.
    I suggest starting with:
Business and Personal Letters,
Return address, 4 x 3 shipping, CDR/DVD, Return Address 1/2 x 1 3/4", Avery 5160, business card LABELS! WHY all the templates have disappeared, I don't know, but LO version 5 needs supported templates mentioned here, and to tell the truth, making templates in LO is a pain in the ass because of the reverse-logic it takes to make them. Especially so with envelopes!

I make this request seriously and believe that the appearance of functional latest version capable labels would help people to appreciate this astoundingly great Open Sourced application to gain an even bigger piece of the market out there. You may contact me if you wish but only by email: I am disabled and retired.

Sincerely and with Regards,

Thomas W. Rivet