Hi Xaver,

Am 20.12.2015 um 13:36 schrieb X Roemer:
Hi,

I'm developing an extension for OO and LO and I'm not really happy
about two subjects on the extension site of LO:

1) The extension site doesn't show or count the downloads of an
extension. (And therefore extensions can't be sorted by download rates.)
2) The release mechanism is quite complicated and needs too much time
(minor complain).

About 1):
As a developer I would like to know, how often my extension is
downloaded. Or if it's downloaded at all. Besides rarely user comments
it's the main feedback I might get for my work. No feedback is
disappointing.
Does anyone know, if this feature is planned for the near future?

that's something on the list for further development, once the new
LibreOffice extensions and templates site is online.
The add-ons, which the new website will be created on, are open source
and could be enhanced. It will be possible to add new features, but it
needs someone doing that.

About 2):
Compared to OO's extension site, LO's site has a far too complicated
mechanism to release an extension (for my taste). Is there a reason
for it?
I don't want to spend 30 minutes on an update - but that might be also
a matter of doing it more often.

Maybe you want to apply for an account on the new LibreOffice extensions
and templates website and give some feedback. That would help to make
the site even more better.

Both points made me hosting my extension on OO's site only, and to put
a link to it on LO's site instead of a real download.
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/organon

But as LO develops much faster as OO and I'm quite happy to hear about
the changes on PyUno and the sidebar api, I think, my further
development might concentrate on LO. So it would really be great, if
there will happen something about 1).

For the rest: I really like how LO develops!

Would be great, if you would take a look at the new test website and
give some feedback.

Regards,
Andreas

--