Le 10/09/15 08:47 PM, Dennis Roczek a écrit :
Hello everybody,

very late. :-(

Am 10.09.2015 um 21:50 schrieb Marc Paré:
Thanks! That does make sense. But, I am not sure if decreasing the size
of the image is the right solution.
After seeing our actual configuration and the image itself, yes it is!

This would mean that we would have to tailor our working tools (in this
case, the banner image), not because it is the size we want, but because
of the size our wiki allow us to upload.
No, I guess you have something in mind that is incorrect. (read later)

Is it possible to increase the upload memory size upload for wiki users
who need the larger memory size?
It's not about upload, it's about processing the image with a tool to
create a smaller image (hence a thumb) for displaying it withing the wiki.

The bottom line though is that the images is still there as a link, but
not visible on the wiki. So if anyone needs to use it, they can still
download it -- in the size it was created.
Well not if the images is not created... (as in this case)

It would be nice though if there were a fix for this. :-)
Our situation:
Our actual server configuration allows up to 500MB! (RAM, not HDD
space). And this seems not to be enough. Somehow understandable. This is
a feature: get a few independent users (in good faith, in bad faith,
doesn't matter) uploading similar big images at the same time... (so a
special kind of DDOS attack somehow) Guess there are more pages on that
server at the moment...

So here is my proposal:
Let the image as it is. Upload big images if you want. If you do want to
upload again big images. Do it.

Additional: shrink the image locally to a smaller one (still big, but
much smaller!) and upload it to an additional location (so e.G.
File:Banner_big.png and File:Banner_small.png) and link each on the file
description page. At the moment the whole big image is downloaded as the
server is unable to shrink it.

The person who needs the biggest ones are still able to download it.

Thanks for the help!
You're welcome.

Marc
Dennis