On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Owen Genat <owen.genat@gmail.com> wrote:
There is still no solution to this matter that was raised several months ago.
Can we get some instructions up on the wiki about how users of the Ask site
can re-associate a new OpenID with their Ask account? Even a response to say
it is currently not possible, but we are working on it would be helpful.

Heya Owen,

Quickly off the top of my head: I believe that one can reset the
OpenID association *if* an email address is linked to the account. I
think that's stored as a separate field in the backend of Askbot, but
don't quote me on that :P Mucking around in the GUI to the backend to
try to re-associate a new OpenID provider with an account is painful,
to say the least.

If there's no email association, once the OpenID provider goes away, I
don't believe there's any other mechanism for authentication a
particular account and an individual, so then it's just guesswork or
the do-we-know-this-contributor-already?-game.

Aside from eventual goals to have our own SSO provider, I just suggest
that people stick with OpenID sites they trust to remain afloat;
Google or UbuntuONE are both (probably) pretty safe bets.

Jean S. -- Any update on the work on SSO for our authentication?

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon