That might have been a bug that was fixed in the 4.0 or 4.1 lines.

We have gone past 3.6.x for a while now.
3.6.x ended with 3.6.7 in the summer of 2013?
4.0.6 ended that line in November of 2013?
4.1.x ended that line in the spring of 2014?
4.2.6 and 4.3.1 are currently out.

I would try 4.2.6 just to get the better support for OOXML formats and added options and improvements.