Hi Kevin, *,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Kevin Suo <suokunlong@gmail.com> wrote:

By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is OK
for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when twitter is
blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause problem
to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the tweets).

Ah, sad to hear.

Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with other
social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?

Currently there's no way to add specific other social-media to the
site, but I can disable the twitter feeds for the chinese site at
least and did so just now.

The biggest problem of offering configuration for the tweets for
example is that twitter hides their api behind a forced login. As
someone not using twitter, you don't see what is needed to embed a
feed...

But having this configurable was requested before as well, but esp.
for chinese media, I have no idea what needs to be done to embed it...
So you would need to provide me with the necessary html (and css),
then I can integrate it.

The font mentioned in the other comment is just used for the
icons/graphics - that alone only provides a logo, but no feature to
integrate the content of those sites into the website.

http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

ciao
Christian