Re: [libreoffice-website] Bug Submission Assistant unusable in multiple browsers

Hi Anders, *,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Anders Holbøll <andershol@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18-02-2012 05:16, Kal Sze (@k_sze) wrote:
>>
>> I go to  https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ and nothing seems to
>>
>> happen after most of the page has loaded.
>

> There seem to be several problems. The page loads the assistant in an
> iframe:

Yes,

> https://www.libreoffice.org/bugassistant/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?version=4
> this page contains relative links to e.g. "/enter_bug.cgi" which is not
> found on the https://www.libreoffice.org/ server.

It is, as it is proxied through. (and well, now isn't as
freedesktop.org's bugzilla is down)

> It should probably point
> to the same url on https://bugs.freedesktop.org . But that server seems to
> be down at the moment.

Exactly. The bugassistant is a proxy to freedesktop.org's bugzilla,
not a separate instance. So when bugs.freedesktop.org is down, so is
the bugassistant.

> The assistant seems odd in that it has its own graphical style and its own
> implementation (neither part of the cms nor bugzilla).

Yes, it's not part of the cms - the sources are
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/website/ (there's also
unrelated and old stuff, only the "bug" directory on master branch is
of interest)

ciao
Christian