[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals
- From: Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:12:32 +0100
- To: email@example.com
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
> On 27/01/2012 14:07, Olivier Hallot wrote:
>> I want to increase the visibility of pt-BR LiberOffice portal. Once in
>> the past, I read on SEO techniques, and the use of<meta> and
>> <description> tags. I know it is not just that.
> Also you would need to generate a site map and submit that to the search
> engines as well besides the meta and description tags.
No, a sitemap is not necessary at all.
But silverstripe generates a google-sitemap anyway. But this is only a
supporting functionality, not a requirement. It gives searchengines an
overview of the site, without having to rely on other pages linking to
it. I.e. it is beneficial to have less visible pages indexed as well,
but for the case of increasing the rank of a page it is irrelevant.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals||Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals||Jonathan Aquilina <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] ACTA banner?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] SEO in localized LibreOffice portals