[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page
- From: Andrea Pescetti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:59:05 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Florian Effenberger wrote:
Andrea Pescetti wrote on 2011-08-05 10:30:
minimal and straightforward: use the same license
indication in http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/ and in the
page footer, i.e., remove the wrong "(or later)" from the text.
hm, I'm not sure, but didn't we have this "or later" paragraph for new
contributions? Wasn't it a combination of LGPLv3 or later and the MPL?
See the issue as:
- The text of http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/ reads "LGPLv3 (or later)"
- The footer of the same page reads "LGPLv3".
- Being different, at least one of them is wrong.
I though LibreOffice was distributed under LGPLv3... the license used for distribution of the whole package is not, if I recall correctly, the same one as the one used for new contributions.
Then, if we even don't know which license is used for distributing LibreOffice, this is rather embarrassing and out of the scope of this list... Really, it was a totally straightforward two-words fix and I couldn't imagine any kind of discussion on it!
I now reset the Italian translation so that it is equally inconsistent as the English version; once this issue is settled, it would be great if someone continues this thread and tells us the right phrasing for the footer and the page text. We will update the Italian translation accordingly.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-website] Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page||"Bernhard Dippold"<email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-website] Error in license page||Andrea Pescetti <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page||Andrea Pescetti <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Change of template.libo.org to the new Plone repository?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] sending email to lists by unregistered
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-website] Re: [libreoffice-website] Error in license page