[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-website] Stepping Back to Site IA
- Subject: [libreoffice-website] Stepping Back to Site IA
- From: Benjamin Horst <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:23:59 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd like to step back and reframe our discussion a bit. We've been in the weeds comparing CMSs, but we haven't discussed the architecture of the site the CMS needs to support. I think different expectations of requirements may be why we've broken into two major camps.
What pages will the site include at its launch? Only those currently on the TDF website? If that is our plan, then the CMS choice is much simpler.
I've written a list of pages as I think they should be organized in the wiki, but this is an expansion from what the current TDF site includes. (It attempts to include future needs, not just current needs.)
Christian: What is your expectation for site IA? Can you list the site sections and pages you envision, especially if they are very different from what I have put onto the wiki?
Finally, based on what I have observed from Mozilla's organization, shouldn't we consider two entirely separate websites at different domains (one for TDF, and one for LibO)? I think this would be much easier for users to understand, as they'd want to spend their time on the LibO site. Meanwhile, community participants would mostly use the TDF site. Perhaps we could make one of these sites use SilverStripe and one use Drupal, as a compromise...
E-mail to email@example.com for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Stepping Back to Site IA||Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] [SC] Decision about CMS
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] [SC] Decision about CMS
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] Localized marketing mailing lists
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Stepping Back to Site IA