Thanks

Dave Johnson

On Oct 12, 2010 5:32 PM, "Tibor Bamhor" <tibor.bamhor@netkosice.sk> wrote:

Hi, Im new here and I would like to add few comments to the website of
libreoffice.

From the standpoint of somebody who hear about libreoffice and wants to
find some info:

1. When you google for libreoffice the results are quite confusing. Try
„libreofice homepage“. First result:

  Request: LibreOffice (OOo fork) | PortableApps.com - Portable
  (Homepage) - September 30, 2010 - 10:51am. And for anyone wondering about
timing , LibreOffice is based on the OO.o 3.3 build, which is still ...
  portableapps.com/node/25074

If you look on remaining results, you dont know what link you should follow.
I would expect that your site will be on first position.

2. If you google for „libreoffice“ - first result is what he want, but it is
confusing. The term „document foundation“ is confusing. Such man is looking
for strings like „libreoffice homepage“, or site adress like „
libreoffice.org“ or so on.
So my first comment is make it esier to find you... and let the user know he
just found what he was looking for.

 So let look at your site now.

First think an visitor will see (notice) is the header - „Document
foundation“. Again, as I wrote above, I believe you should make more obvious
that this is HOMEPAGE of libreoffice. Yes there is download button, but this
still doesnt mean that this site is that homepage.

Insert link to download section to upper menu. Once you are not on welcome
„tab“, you can not go directly to download section

In download section – please mention version number of current download.
Yes, you might have only one, but you should have listed there exact number
and date of issuing. Because if I come there next time, how should I know if
the current version for download is still the same that the one i have
 installed on my PC?

WHY libreoffice? This is question a common random user will ask. What are
differencies to official openoffice? Can you list some? Or any reason why
bother with your office? Your project is young, all right, so differencies
might be few, than mention at least some goals. Try to be semi-technical.

Roadmap – do you have any? Will there be another betas? What is expected
frequency of production versions? Goals for versions....

So enough for now, I hope this mail will make no bad feelings. I really wish
succes to your project.
Good or bad website can make a lot of differencies.

Regards

Tibor B.