Le 2012-12-03 14:18, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

It's a good idea, but -you know there is always a but ;-) if you read
the planet, currently this is mostly developers and TDF board members
who are posting on it. So before creating planets for each language,
having one containing all the languages would be enough and may be less
intimidating for non English bloggers. Once there is enough blogs
gathered on this one, we could of course enhance the process.
The choice for posting in the two languages was for less fragmentation,
but as it's not appropriate, let's have a dedicated planet for people
like me who wants to blog in whatever language, even if we touch a
smaller part of the community. If you read the comments on my blog, here
for example, language is not an issue when it's said ;)
http://sophiegautier.com/blog/ecrire/poster.php?post_id=188#c10130
Kind regards
Sophie

I think that what the real issue here is how to present the Planet once one lands on it. Do we show all language blogs mixed together or do we show an Main EN-official blog with in indexed column of nl blogs in a right-hand block.

Quite frankly, I am not sure I would like to land on a Planet where I have to search for my particular language blogs FR, EN, ES. I think I would be happier if I landed on a Planet where I am presented with an official EN blog and where I can browse down a list of nl-blog-links and pick out the ones that interest me.

I am not sure if we are going to encourage more blogging from members when there is a mixture of blogs on a page where you have to scroll down to find your nl-blog. OR would we encourage more blogging if members saw active nl-members through weblinks set in the righ-hand block? Would they feel more encouraged if they saw their own nl-blogs all in one location?

Maybe then a combination of both. A user lands on the Planet, sees the EN official blogs and then directed to the main Planet page where all nl-blogs are there in mixed form BUT with a right-hand block where, at the click of a nl-link, she/he can have the page re-mixed into a page of her/his nl-blogs. We could even offer a setting in the user preference where this could be either set on/off as a default if the reader (registered user) decided to set it according to their taste.

Some people like their vegetables all mixed up together on their plate; others like to have their vegetables in identifiable groups. The end product is still the same, the meal is still eaten.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré