The usage for a Calendar must also be considered. In addition to changes
depending on country, culture, religion and all the other considerations
mentioned, there is the issue of moment in time. Genealogy and History
(including dependent disciplines such as archeology, et. al.) require a lot
more knowledge.

Even those who share the "same" calendar (such as the Gregorian) don't
always have the same view of what date it is. For someone in Germany, the
3rd of September 1752 followed the 2nd of September 1752. In the American
Colonies however, the day after Wednesday September 2nd was Thursday
September 14th. (Unix/Linux systems support this; try typing "cal 1752" at
the command line and, depending on locale, you may be surprised.) Other
countries using the Gregorian calendar "corrected" its accumulated errors at
quite different times, but they all have similar burps in their calendars.

And don't forget the French revolutionary calendar. Napoleon's greatest
contribution to France might just have been his abolishment of that unusual
thirteen month calendar. Ben Franklin, who traveled between France and the
American colonies in those years likely experienced far worse jet lag than
any of us ever had from air travel.

The point is, I suppose, that we must settle for the 99% of needs we have;
it seems unlikely that any software will ever support *every* such
variation. Right now, we're probably in the upper 80% range, but that's all
we're likely to see.

Have a great day, whatever date you suspect it might be.