Hi :)
That would be a brilliant way to have it in the longer-term.  I've not
managed to get Virtualbox to use a proper hard-drive rather than it's own
internal image of a drive but probably because i only had a very brief stab
at it.

There are many other ways, such as just using LibreOffice within Linux Mint
(or whichever version ( = distro ) of Linux and forget about the whole
Windows side (except for using the files that will still be on that side).

A "dual boot" system would keep Windows available and almost unchanged but
would give a menu at "boot up" to allow Nasrin to choose to use Mint (or
whichever) and become familiar with it at her own pace.

My main reason for using Virtualbox inside of Windows XP was meant to be a
temporary thing.  It would just to be to experiment with setting up
accessibility tools within the OS that is within the Virtual Machine.  All
neatly still in a working and familiar system that CAN still talk to you
and make some sort of sense.

Moving on to a dual-boot system, or some-such would be a next step into
Linux-land and away from Xp.  Moving from Xp to Linux can be a gentle
"migration" that keeps the option of retreating back into Xp available at
all times.

Microsoft prefers that people leap fearlessly into the void with absolutely
no idea whether their new system will work or not.  That has kept many
people firmly chained to Xp.

I prefer the gentler approach that Linux offers :))  It's one of the many
reasons i am happy i made the journey.  I still do use Windows but
increasingly rarely.
Regards from
Tom :)