On 2016/06/27 22:18, Piet van Oostrum wrote:
Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

  > Good evening
  > I have tried all sorts of settings to prevent LibreOffice from changing
  > (c) into the copywright symbol.
  > So far nothing has helped.
  > Setting it as an exception does not work.
  > For reasons I do not understand the conversion is NOT made when I type
  > (C) (=capital C).
  >
  > What is the trick required to stop Libreoffice from doing this conversion.
  >
  > If possible, I prefer NOT to turn of autocorrect entirely.
  >
  > Thank you.
  > Thomas

Well, you have Tools > Autocorrect > Autocorrect options
and there you delete that specific replacement. BUT: you have to do it for the language that your
text is in. Apparently your text is not English (USA), because that has the (C) [Capital C]
replaced by ©, not the lowercase (c). So check the language setting of your document (or that part
of the document).
Thank you.
That is something  I have not thought of. However, it does not help either.
I am working on a document written in Japanese (-> a language that does NOT appear in the langauge field under autocorrect options),
that has to be overwritten by German. I am using a German keyboard layout.
The replacement occurs regardless of whether I type within the still Japanese section or the already translated German section.

German: neither deleting the entry present in the list of replacements nor adding (c) as new item changes anything.
Entering (c) for ALL languages does not any good either.
Does that leave "Ctrl+Z" the one and only option?

This "(c)" comes from a Japanese style of numbering (lots of) tables and items in a manner like "3.(4).A.(c)-1". Don't ask me, whether that is good/right or whatever. It is just the way it is and therefore the way I am supposed to render it in the translation.
I would like to think, that therre should be more elegant way ...