Hi Joel
Thank you for using your time to explain the workflow and "philosophy" of this project. I have learned a lot :-) . I know that LibreOffice depends on volunteers. (I am just one of the many translators using some spare time to get LibreOffice available all over the world in peoples own languages). The first spreadsheets had only a few functions and workarounds was a necessity in almost every spreadsheet, so I am used to write workarounds. I was filing my suggestion because I do not have any others to ask whether this function would be useful to others or not.
So again, thank you for answering.
Kolbjørn

Den 26.06.2016 22:14, Joel Madero skreiv:
Hi Kolbjørn,

I just want to make sure expectations here are realistic (I believe I was one who commented on the bug). Our project works by the "doers deciding" - so even if 100 users say they'd like the feature, *at most* this would result in the enhancement going to NEW as a valid enhancement request and then *very likely* would sit there for a long time (until a developer with the skills required *volunteered* to implement it.

I've pointed out a couple issues with adding entirely new functions:

1) We (The Document Foundation) does not control ods standards, I suggested to you that you poke them to see if they're at all interested in adding a new standards;

2) When there is currently a workable formula (even if requiring some nested functions) - the reason is that there are almost infinite combinations of nested functions that people use - if we start taking enhancements based on "well one function could replace this x(y(z(#,#))) function" than we almost have no limit. I could almost immediately file probably two dozen such requests.

Again, just trying to keep things realistic. Best case is that this goes to "NEW" just as a "fine it's a valid enhancement" but then it'll almost definitely sit there (possibly indefinitely).

Warmest Regards,

Joel