I am currently running 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04LTS [with MATE desktop] on 2 laptops. I am currently have issues with my install of LO 5.1.2.2 version with areas in the "menu taskbars" graying out when I switch to its window from a window like Firefox or other package that I am running.

I did not have this running Ubuntu 15.10.

I also wonder which version of LibreOffice Ubuntu 16.04 includes. I have found that, in the past, no matter which LO version I have installed the upgrading of Ubuntu removes my install and installs the one they have in their repository. This did not happen this time, since my spare laptop had LO 5.0.x and still has it. The laptop I am typing from now has 5.1.2.2, which I installed before I upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04.

So which version is included with the newest version of Ubuntu?

Since 16.04LTS will be supported through 2021, according to a e-news report, will there be any "push" by LO/TDF to keep Ubuntu's repository updated to the current LO versions from now till 2021 when this long term supported Ubuntu OS will no longer be supported by Ubuntu's creators.