Am 06.04.2016 um 17:16 schrieb anne-ology:
       Maybe I can help,
          [see notes interspersed below]

From: Thomas Blasejewicz <nyuwa@hb.tp1.jp>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 7:50 AM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] file format problem?
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Good evening
I am not sure whether this is a LibreOffice (?) problem or just MY problem.
It happened before, but I will describe the latest episode.

I was working with Writer on a Word (.docx) file. As a translation job I
was supposed to overwrite that file.

1. You receive a file in foreign file format from email.
2. You open the file directly by double-click. In most cases you get a
read-only view on that document.
3. menu:File>SaveAs...
   File Type: Open Document Text (*.odt)
   Location: Somewhere in your documents folder.
4. Now you have your personal copy to work with in the native file
format of the application you are using which is a good thing.
5. You are done with the file and send it back via
    menu:File>Send>Email as MS Office
Now you have your own working copy in your own document hierarchy, a
backup of the incoming file in your inbox and a copy of the outgoing
file in your outbox.
Next time you receive a new version of the same you start at step 1 and
overwrite the old working copy with a new working copy.