On 06/02/2016 12:34, Robert Funnell wrote:

Could someone please provide a direct link or some other pointer?

Me bad.

My only excuse is that I had been up for almost 48 hours when I wrote my
reply.

Any time an extension is listed, one needs to provide:
* URL;
* Operating systems it can run on;
* Localizations it does not work on;
* OOo derivative that it runs on;

#: There are four or five repositories of extensions:
* http://extensions.libreoffice.org/
* http://extensions.openoffice.org/
* http://www.multiracio.com/index.php?lang=en&style=eurooffice&page=eo_e
xt

* https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List is an
unmaintained, incomplete list of libre extensions for LibO, AOo, and EO.

I've forgotten who sponsors other repositories, or curated lists of
extensions, and the respective URLs.

#: A surprising number of extensions are OS version specific. At one
point in time, I had a list of which version of which OS extensions
worked with. (There were a couple that worked with Ubuntu, but not
Debian. As a general rule, extensions list which version of Windows they
will work with.)

#:  I've forgotten which extension I was testing, but it worked when the
LibO locale was English (US), and failed when the LibO locale was
English (South Africa). I've come across a similar phenomena with AOo.

# The difference in code between NO, LibO, EO, AnO, and AOo are great
enough, that the safest assumption is that the extension will only work
for the program it was specifically created for. Nonetheless, the brave,
or the foolhardy, can play with installing extensions from other
repositories, to see how well the extension functions.

The difference between versions of LibO are such that extensions that
have not had a release in the last 18 months probably won't work.  For
AOo, the upper limit on last release is around four years.

I don't have EO2016, so I don't know how far back in time one can go,
for extensions to break. (With EO2014, extensions created prior to circa
2010 don't work.)

For both AnOO & EO4A, installing extensions is extremely tricky. When
they do install, operation is very much a hit or miss affair. The
simplest way to uninstall an errant extension is to wipe the device.

###

NO: NeoOffice;
LibO: LibreOffice;
EO: EuroOffice;