On Sat, 6 Feb 2016, Owen Genat wrote:

Pedro wrote

Robert Funnell wrote
What about unzipping the .odt/.odp/whatever file and searching for
font names in the resulting .xml files? (Again, I haven't tried this.)
That would make sense. Unfortunately the file styles.xml lists some 55
fonts
From a PDF copy of the presentation I can see that there should be 15
different fonts, so the xml is not helping...

Unless I'm looking in the wrong xml... Does anyone know any better?

Pedro, something like this should give an idea:

$ unzip -p filename.odp styles.xml | xmllint --format - | grep "font-face
style:name" | sort -u

That will just give style-based font use. For direct formatting, replace
"styles.xml" with content.xml.
Best wishes, Owen.

When I try this on a new .odt file that contains just a single word using the Liberation Serif font, the output for both styles.xml and content.xml lists Liberation Sans, Mangal1, Mangal, Microsoft YaHei and SimSun in addition to the Liberation Serif that is actually used.

- Robert