Hi :)
I thought the font-box (on one of the toolbars) shows the correct font-name
despite the document displaying the substitution?  It'd be a pain to move
the cursor through the whole document and doing so is quite error-prone,
but if it works it might usable for an odd one or two documents.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)