Le 19/11/2015 15:27, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

I seem to be getting somewhere but I sit with the problem that the DB
will not accept the old username and/or Password.

Is there a way to reset this at all??

Which password exactly are we talking about here ?

 - phpmyadmin account password (pma) ?
 - a common or garden user password ?
 - the mysql administrator password ?

I suggest you read the mysql official manual, it really is very helpful
for things like this :

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/resetting-permissions.html

Please also read the user provided comments that have been posted at the
end of the above article, they contain some very useful tidbits of
information with regard to particular situations, one of which might be
yours.

Some Linux distributions nowadays often provide their own mysql "admin"
or "maintainer" account - it can be sufficient just to re-initialize
this account using the ad hoc distrib provided tool.

Once you have gained mysql admin privileges again, you can reset any of
the other mysql account passwords to your hearts content from the mysql
command line.

As I don't use PCLOS, nor know how the mysql server package is installed
with X.Y.Z configuration options by the package manager, I can't provide
any specifics in regard to that OS. Perhaps your question might be
better answered on a PCLOS specific forum ?

Alex