what's this bullshit ?

Linux is hold back by commercial policies and lack of particular professional softwares (e.g.
Autocad) and laziness of many users and professionals.   LO is multi-platform and used by many
regional and national governments  (a partial list is on wikipedia), there is no relation.

Linux, by the way, is used by Nasa, Esa, Cern in Geneve and other big institutions.  It is used on
60% of internet servers and by microsoft for their  cloud infrastructure....

I can suggest you some good magazines about.

"It said: requires windows xp or better, so I installed linux."

Paolo Debortoli