Hi everyone

For some manuals I use master documents with satellites in Writer.

After opening such a file it always contains empty spaces and even empty pages. It took a while to figure out how to get rid of these layout errors.

What I do:
 * Open document
 * Update index
 * Update selection for every satellite (using navigator)
 * Update index again
 * Export to PDF for printing and distribution

To get an idea I've temporary placed the following screen dumps on http://media.vanderworp.org/.dot/.lo/:

1_lo_after_open.png
2_lo_after_update_index.png
3_lo_after_update_selection.png

This solution is highly complex and unfriendly (some of these masters contain a lot satellites), I consider not properly calculating the layout a bug.

The documents themselves have strict style rules and only contain bitmaps and svg's.

I can live with this solution but... Are there better solutions?