Hello,
I have been using OO/LO for more than a decade now and have liked it most of the
time. At the moment I have to print labels from a MySQL database connected through
JDBC. My system is Linux-Mint 17.2 and LO 5.0.2. I also use the same LO version
on a Debian 8 and Windows 7 system. I have the following problems (which I did NOT
have before):
(1) LO does not honor my action when I try to change the database source for the
DB-fields. In fact, on the labels there are 4 variables which should come from a
particular view in the database. When I specify "change database", only ONE of the
fields points to the view in the "new" database. I have tried saving/closing and
reloading the Write file that contains the references to the DB-fields, even
shutting down LO and restarting - no success!
(2) In the writer file I define a varying number of lables that should get their
data filled from an equivalent number of selected database records. I specify
"next DB-record" in the last field of every label (except of course the last label).
In the case of only 2 labels (2 DB-records), LO only prints the first one. When
I try to print 6 labels for example, it only prints numbers 1, 3, 5.
Very annoying! It always used to function without problems. I have tried things
out also on LO 4.4.5 (running on Debian, Mint, and Windows 7) -- same result.
The same also happens when connecting to the DB using the native MySQL connector.
It seems to me that Base has been a kind of stepchild in LO. To me (and my
guess is -- also to most serious users in enterprise environments), this is a
unacceptable situation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
H. Stoellinger