Mystery solved!  After Googling a little more, I found this nugget:
http://ccm.net/faq/24703-libreoffice-calc-reset-settings-to-default

I did fail to mention that I was working with Calc at the time -
sorry!!!!

So, when I'm done, I'll follow the advice given to rid the tool bar of
the Save As icon.

Thanks all!

Dave,