Hi :)
On Ubuntu 12.04 and LO 3.5.4 i followed the advice for Windows but instead
of having a tick-box or such-like i had to use the "Modify" button and then
"Delete" was about the bottom choice.

So Josh's advice worked well enough for me.

Only thing was that after getting rid of the "Save" and "Save As" buttons
they were still there, even after closing and reopening LO.  Also my LO
doesn't show the "Save As" button, just the "Save" one.

Errr, it is usually better to rename the User Profile than delete it.  That
way you can copy chunks of it (or even the whole of it) back to restore
almost anything you might have set-up such as templates, art in the LO
gallery etc
Regards from
Tom :)