Wow! Sensitive much? I didn't tell anyone what to do.

No I didn't upload an example document.
No I haven't filed a bug report, because I was asking for guidance. By
hopefully someone willing to be helpful and more experienced with
everything LibreOffice than me, rather than someone to berate me.
Yes, I included the Office Version, but since I don't get copies of my own
posts, I don't t see them.

But, here it is again.
I'm using Libreoffice version 4.4.3.2 in Mint 17 64 bit. The document was
created in a previous version. Possibly even in Open Office. I would have
to look at previous invoices to determine that. It's at least 2 years old.

It is not a spreadsheet, as I stated, it is a Writer document with a 2 page
invoice with two embedded spreadsheets that links to an external
spreadsheet time entry document. There is probably a better and more
efficient way of doing this. I did this out of frustration from using
tables where I would copy and paste from my timelog, but had to do a third
step in between because that's just the way it is in Writer, even though
there had been feature requests to change/fix that for years.

Doesn't work is a perfectly good problem description when something doesn't
work.

It draws from my time entry for this client. It's a manual process. I
manually create this every month for my client, because they want this.
I don't create invoices like this for personal pleasure. I have C, VB, and
COBOL programs to do these kinds of things. Programs I've written.

You state there are five ways to o this, but don't even enumerate them for
me. That's hardly a solution description.

As for what I did to accomplish this "doesn't work". It's easy.

1) Open Writer  and add some text.
2) Add a spreadsheet with 5 columns. Give it a name, Table1. Make the first
column a 2 decimal place number. Make the 4th column an hourly rate. Make
the 5th column the product of columns 1 and 4. Add a page subtotal to the
last visible 5th column cell. Add a credit line cell above that. Add a
detail subtotal line above that, and have it sum all the lines above. The
page subtotal cell is the detail line minus the credits.
3) Add a page break, copy the text to the new page.
4) Add a spreadsheet to this page in the same manner as the above
spreadsheet. With two differences, describe below.
5) Instead of a page subtotal, call the final line Invoice Total.
6) Add a link to the page subtotal cell in the previous spreadsheet to the
summation formula in the invoice total cell. Do it in this manner.
6.a.) Enter the summation formula to subtract the page credits from the
detail subtotal. Add a plus. Enter the previous page spreadsheet. Uh-oh
can't do that.
7) Copy and paste. No that doesn't work.
8) Paste Special. No that doesn't work.
8) Manually enter the link. I've never found the right syntax. This might
work, if only I knew the magic words. "Table1.$Sheet1.$G$36" doesn't work.

10) Now open a new speadsheet document and relabel sheet1 as Invoice2.
11) Enter a dollar amount in the first cell.
12) Save it.
14) Enter the Invoice total cell, add a plus, create a link to the cell in
the spreadsheet document by going to that spreadsheet and double-clicking
on the proper cell. Go back to Invoice document and hit enter.
15) Voila a manual link.

16) Now let's make a DDE link.
18) Back to the Invoice sheet. On the cell below the invoice total paste
special and set the link checkbox. Hit enter.
19) It doesn't work. No path to the document.
20) Manually enter the path to the document. Voila you have something. It
doesn't work. But you have displayed text and not an error message. Or you
have a manual link like before.

I've attached the documents to reproduce it. I didn't include them before,
because I expected someone to tell me something like read you're doing it
wrong, FAQ #213456 for the solution, and thus pointing me to a solution
that actually works.

Regards,
Brian