Ok, so I have this spreadsheet, and a Writer document with embedded
spreadsheets.
It's an invoice document with two pages each with it's own spreadsheet.
Because I
could never figure out how to link the subtotal from one page (i.e. one
internal embedded
spreadsheet to another) to the next, I linked in a subtotal from the time
tracking spreadsheet.
Apparently internal document links are illegal in LibreOffice.

Why? I don't know. He's on third.

Well it *USED* to automatically update, back in the day. Not sure when it
broke. Maybe I broke
something in the configuration. It's pretty freaking fragile. I breath the
wrong way and something breaks.
Anyway.

I noticed maybe last month it's not updating anymore. Again this month,
nothing. Opening up the links
dialog and it shows as manual and no option to make it automatic. Searched
help docs and it says it
needs to be a DDE link. Ok, fine. So I follow the instructions and make a
"DDE" link. Only hen it does that
it doesn't include the file path, so it can't find the link. Useless. Tried
to edit it. I doesn't like that.

This should be a simple no-brainer. Here I am 2 hours later. Wasting a
couple hundred dollars of my time
doing a task that can't be much simpler. I was doing this stuff in Word
Perfect two decades ago. No three.
God has it been that long.

Brian