I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly. I'll assume this is in
Writer.

When you press enter, it insert a new paragraph. Using default styles, each
paragraphs have a small border that separate them. Is that the "another new
line" you are mentioning?
If that is the case, it is not really a "new line", only spacing between
paragraphs. There is no real concept of "individual lines" in modern text
processor.

I think it is better to learn to use styles and more generally how text
blocks are handled, as it provide much more flexibility regarding usability
and formatting.

But, if you want the ability to precisely put your text "line by line"
without spacing, there are two fast way to do so:
- Change the paragraph style to not have any spacing over and under
- Press Shift+Enter. This will not insert a paragraph break, but a newline.

Note that using the second approach can still lead to issue on page break,
where LibreOffice might try to keep a paragraph's lines together (again,
this is configurable in styles).

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net

Hi
 I am an old fashioned guy that remembers the days when typewriters were
used on a regular basis. I want to know how to get to a new line w/press
enter w/out getting another one added on as well. I have also discovered
that if I copy and paste an amount of text from another source it will keep
the extra line adding feature into my document I am currently working on.
The only way I have found how to remove it is just type all the stuff I
want
new added instead of copying it from somewhere else. Is there an easier way
to do this? Thanks for any help you can give.  dworldjumper

deleted