Hi Thomas

Thomas Blasejewicz-3 wrote
In case there is a stand-alone spreadsheet program (NOT Excel!) that can
do this trick ..
I would love to learn its name.

Interesting feature. That wasn't available in the Lotus DOS days probably
because you could only open one file at a time :)

The short answer is: LibreOffice does not have that feature. I am not aware
of any free or commercial spreadsheet that does that.

The long answer:

Since LibreOffice is a free open source software you can ask for that
feature to be added by submitting an Enhancement Request in the TDF Bugzilla
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

It is submitted as any other bug. Choose Calc(*) in the Component box and
"enhancement" in the Severity box.
Obviously this will be added to the list and is depending on a developer
getting interested on your problem.

Alternatively you can set a Bounty (e.g. https://www.bountysource.com/), try
Crowdfunding (e.g. https://freedomsponsors.org/) or pay a company like
Collabora to add the feature
(https://libreoffice-from-collabora.com/consultancy/)

Note: I'm not affiliated with TDF or any of the sites mentioned. There are
probably other companies/sites/solutions.

Hope this helps.

(*) Actually because LibreOffice can open many file formats this could be
added as a General feature where you could have text, spreadsheets,
presentations, etc in the Startup folder that would open when LibreOffice
opens ;) I bet quite a few people would find this feature interesting!