m.a.riosv wrote:

I think Piet have pointed to the source of the problem.

Seems in several sheet there are cells formatted out data range. Sheet
'Análisis Pisos' seems empty but has a lot of empty comments, better delete
the sheet.

For a first cleaning, to do in every sheet:

- Ctrl+End goes to bottom-right corner of range with data in a sheet.
- Use Ctrl-M to clear any direct format for the columns right and rows down
of it.

Miguel Ángel.

I did some more experimenting with Sheet 7 (ANALISIS PISOS IMPORTADOS).

First I selected all columns from M to the end and deleted all cells (everything) in it. That
helped.

But then I saw that several rows (3723, 3897, 3972-3984, 4040-4046, 4090. 8375, 8378, 10415-10417,
10238) still had all their cells listed individually. It appears that these complete rows have the
font set to "Times New Roman 10pt", whereas the default font is Arial. So I also dir a Ctrl-M on
these columns and that dramatically decreased the size of Sheet 7.

The file saved by MS Excel has special commands to set the format/style of a row, so that it does
not have to specify each individual cell. So that is an optimisation that the exporter misses for
some reason. I also tried this with a small file and there it did optimize it.

I guess if you do this for all the sheets the file may become much smaller.
That still leaves improvement possibilities in the exporter.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/