Hi Peter

Noted on your comments and others....

I can confirm that using the embedded DB in Base is a disaster - I battled with it for a couple of years until I found out about using an external engine - I use MySQL and have had _NO_ problems, (except my own finger problems!!) since then.

Regarding images in the Database I have about 2600 records with a maximum of 7 images per record. I had no problems with this under Base/MySQL except that the DB file gets very large as a copy of each image is included in the DB. I just recently came across a tutorial on 'Linking Images' rather than including them and this works like a charm and the DB stays much smaller and therefore faster.

The tutotial can be found here -/_www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHqqvn2zYg_/ <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHqqvn2zYg>

Another nice plus is that if you control your image file names you can be sure that your DB always shows the latest image - works for me!!

Hope this helps

IanW
Pretoria RSA.