Hi :)
It is kinda overkill to install Ubuntu purely for this issue.  On the
other hand it would free you from the sorts of problems you seem to
dislike about Windows generally.  You don't need to constantly keep
buying new things so often and new computers every couple of years
just in order to keep doing what you have always done.

Most people just start by installing a few non-Microsoft things and
then realise how painful MS makes things.  So those people tend to
install more and more non-Microsoft things and only then move away
from Windows completely.  At which time they find all the then
familiar non-MS programs they have been becoming familiar with or a
choice of similar things.  Of course MS are unlikely to be happy about
people finding out that the alternatives are not only better but are
also often free so they apparently put a lot of work into trying to
prevent people from staying outside their eco-system.

Regards from
Tom :)