Tim and Frank,
As an answer to your kind responding:
In fact I had made a live-DVD to check my PC's (64bit) co-operation with Ubuntu14.04.1. My intention is to first install Ubuntu on a VirtualBox because errors are then easier to correct and after that perhaps do a dual-boot install (I am an expert on making errors). And got some real 'challenges': my system is 64bit/8GB RAM/2 TB HD (virtualization enabled) but the Ubuntu(64bit) did not accept to install (memory instruction error???) so I re-installed VM&Ubuntu as 32bit.
The install is now OK but the Ubuntu is very very sloooow.
My printer does not work either.

I know -- this not a LO-issue, so I must try to get help from Ubuntu-forum.
Best regards
Pertti Rönnberg