Hi :)
Good call.  I like the link making it easier for us to see the thread
there.

I suspect they have installed a language-pack for a different language and
that they don't have a decent font for that language.  So i think if they
go to;

Tools - Options - "Language Settings" - Languages

and then reset the language in the top box to the one they have as their
locale.  I sometimes have to go back into English (Uk) as a stepping stone
before getting the right language.

Regards from
Tom :)