Howdy,
 I hope I have a work flow problem. I'll describe what I want, then describe
what I did. And hopefully someone can show me 'the right way'.

I'm writing a book. I have chosen the path of creating a chapter template +
a master document + a sub document per chapter. Getting it all setup at
first worked out just like the "Writers Guide chapter 13" said. Thanks doc
team. That was good.

But a week or so later, after I'm working on chapter three, I decide I want
something new in my template.... I want my font changed from liberation
serif to new times roman.  I cannot find out how to (simply) get that change
communicated to *all* my sub documents so that they obey the new font.

Here is the work flow I tried:
1. create a template
   create a paragraph style: name=bookBasic, properties=some indentation +
liberation serif + font size 12 + regular
   create a paragraph style: name=indirect, properties=some indentation +
liberation serif + font size 12 + italic
   save as "a template" in ott
2. create chapters
   open the template from step 1
   drop in some filler text from
http://www.blindtextgenerator.com/lorem-ipsum
   set paragraph one to "bookBasic"
   set paragraph two to "indirect"
   save as "chapt 1" in odt
   save as "chapt 2" in odt
   save as "chapt 3" in odt
3. create master doc
  open template from step 1
  delete text
  file:send:create master doc
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 1)
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 2)
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 3)
  save as "a master" in odm
4. alter template
  open template from step 1
  select paragraph formatting name=bookBasic and 'modify' such that font is
changed from Liberation serif to New Time Roman
  save (odt)
5. open master and accept changes
 save (odd)
6. see if things are ok in a sub doc
 open chapt1
  <<<problem>>> the BookBasic font is still Liberation Serif, not New Times
Roman

What it "the right way" to get my sub docs modified?
Also, I want to add new styles to my template and have them ripple through
my master doc into my sub docs. This also seems non-working to me with a
pretty similar work flow to the above.

Sure hoping for some help here.
Thanks in Advance

Ricky