On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Alan Pedder <alanpedder@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

 have been using Base to provide a database for my paintings via a
simple form.  I recorded 200 records and then added the facility to
include a photograph .jpg file and this is when the gremlins started to
appear.

It constantly issues error messages when adding data
and causes me to endlessly loose work as it has failed to write to the
table from a form for no obvious reason I can see, sometimes I can add a
 new data or several set/records on the form OK and then it will fail
with the error message as follows where the Table1 is my Table

Hello Alan. I haven't used Base to store binaries however I have monitored
this list for a while and used Base for a few small projects.

I expect the two primary recommendations you will get are...
1. Don't store data in Base, use a separate database back end because the
embedded HSQL is not very stable. To that end I've recently found the
native MySQL connector works well for me (never had reliable connections
with the Java or ODBC connectors).
2. Don't store binaries in Base, store a path/pointer to the binary. Keeps
the table size down, minimizes loss if the db becomes corrupted.