On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 07:28:52 +1000
Hedley Finger <hedley.finger@gmail.com> wrote:

Aha! I think I have solved the terminology problem!

For many working on the LO project, English is their second language.*
Clearly, when terms were being proposed, someone misheard, which why
is why the two forks were not named “Fresh" and “Stale".

And that right there is one of the problems with the current
terminology. It creates a perception in those who don't know better
that the "Fresh" branch is the one to use, and that "Stale" is
something they shouldn't use, as the term just sounds slightly
objectionable, which also applies to "Still" to a lesser extent. If
this is truly what the LO project wants, then why offer the "Still"
branch at all? Clearly they do see the need for both, but they are not
portraying that choice clearly to the end user. Much will be resolved
once that is explained clearly on the website.

Rearguards,
Hedley

* I have only one language and even that is not too flash.

Typed laboriously on my Galaxy S2