Hi :)
Superb!  Thanks :)

Errr, if you are "up for it" then it would be great if you could join the
Documentation Team to help review or proof-read the Base Handbook.

For many people i suggest starting with something more familiar before
diving into Base because there is quite a lot else to get used to when
joining the Documentation Team.  We do still have a couple of chapters of
the Writer Guide left but in your case i think you could jump straight into
working on the Base Handbook.

I'm trying to keep the first few chapters available for a new person to the
team so that he can learn about Base as he goes.  The more people joining
in the better!  Especially people who have experience with databases such
as you and Peter G.

Thanks for the advice though!  On another mailing list people suggested
that it might be something wonky about the import filters for the date
format (the devs did some work on them in the 4.1 branch) or that Excel
might not be properly setting the date-field.  Your pointers give
additional options.

So, thanks and regards from
Tom :)