On 18/09/14 12:10, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
The documentation team needs 5 chapters to be reviewed, ie checked for
accuracy (not writing anything, usually).

It could be  different person for each chapter so you can sign-up to do
just 1 and then see how it goes.  If 4 people joined the team we could have
the full guide published in a week or so!

Reviewing is the stage where you just check that when the guide says "click
on this" that it does what the guide says.  Mostly you can probably confirm
just from memory but it's good to click through a random sample just to
check.

Since it's the Writer Guide it's been through a lot of proof-reading and
such so it's likely to be extremely good already.

There is also an opportunity for someone to go through and replace all
screen-shots as most current ones were done in Windows.  Generally it's
preferred if screen-shots are done in Mac or Linux (preferably Linux) jic
there are ever any copyright issues.  (Apple has less reason than MS to
start anything ridiculous like that.  Linux has no copyright issues).

Doing screen-shots is more fun than just straight reviewing but involves a
bit of faffing around so racing through doing a straight review is more
helpful at this stage.

Anyone up for it?  If so please join the
Documentation@Global.LibreOffice.Org
mailing list and give a very brief paragraph to let them know something
about why you'd like to help or why you think you'd be good (ie NOT a CV).

Regards from
Tom :)

I'd be happy to give it a go - I'm away now though until next Monday morning...