On 2014-08-29 10:19, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I have tried a different file-browser and still same problems.  Other types
of files that are on the network opened fine so it's only when trying to
open them in LibreOffice that there is a problem.  A different machine with
Ubuntu on it opens the same files just fine so it's something between
Kubuntu and LibreOffice.

Things i have not tried yet is installing the untweaked version of LO
directly from the official website.  I have tried the one in the default
repos and the one in the ppa.  Also Steve Edmonds gave me some links to the
archives and i've not worked through any of those yet.

So, still got some things to try but wondering if anyone has a quick&easy
fix
Regards from
Tom :)

Hi Tom,

I can confirm this.

We have the same issue here at our office. Files opened from LO that are
located on our NAS or other network shares will not open properly. Local
copies of the same file do open without any trouble whatsoever.
Suggesting it is not something in the files themselves. Moreover it
happens with all files, not just specific LO files.

This is on Debian Jessie systems with different versions of LO in them.
Both native versions, installed through aptitude, and manually installed
versions. Versions vary between 4.0 and 4.3. Don't know if it already
happened before 4.0. The shares are hosted on NASses (how do you spell
this correctly?) from Synology and IOmega, but also on a Samba host. I
don't have a Windows system available, so I have not tested whether it
also happens on those shares, but I suspect it will. All in all it makes
me think the problem might be in LO itself. Not sure though.

P.S. To be honest, I have neglected til now to file a bug-report for
this. Should have done so, but somehow I never did.

Grx HdV