Don Braun wrote:
Doing the following sure makes me miss Lotus 1-2-3.  I wanted to change a
simple addition formula that summed the quantities in two cells into their
summed value.  I right-clicked the cell and hit Ctrl C.  Then again I right
clicked the (same) cell and rolled down to "Paste special" and left-clicked
it.  The formula was changed into its value.  In the 1-2-3 days one picked the
cell or cells, hit the slash key and then the keys r and v in that sequence
and one had the values instead of the formulas.  Trackballing and mousing are
slower than the second coming.

Everything on the menus can be accessed by the keyboard, either by navigating the menus using Alt + the underlined characters (e.g. Alt+E for the Edit menu, then S for Paste Special) or more direct shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+V, as shown on the menu next to Paste Special).

Once in the Paste Special dialog, you can use Alt + the underlined characters to select / deselect options. So Alt+P deselects "Paste all", then Alt+N select "Numbers" and Alt+F deselects "Formulae".

From what I recall, this is similar to navigating the menus in the text-based versions of 1-2-3 - Alt is equivalent to "/" to access the menu, then single-letter options to select menus and items. Having done that, in LibreOffice you get a dialog with a more options so granted it's not quite as quick, but that's the downside of having more flexibility.

The shortcut keys can be configured to suit your preferences at Tools > Customise > Keyboard.

Mark.