Hi :)
Yeh, it surprised me too.  In Windows i think the whole suite gets
installed but in Gnu&Linux it's a bit more fine-grained.  I think the
Windows version really needs to keep it all as simple as possible but in
Gnu&Linux it's more likely that users are a bit more expert at using
computers and can cope with oddities like that or at least are less scared
of asking questions!  Perhaps also Windows users tend to be on higher-spec
machines or at least very unlikely to be attempting to work on some
extremely low spec thing and or desperately streamlining everything for
other reasons.
Regards from
Tom :)