Le 20/07/2014 15:26, M. Fioretti a écrit :

Hi Marco,

server: localhost

Try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, just to test

from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15827547/java-lang-classnotfoundexceptioncom-mysql-jdbc-driver

I read that that message means "problem is not in the code, but you don't have added the driver
to your project!!! You have to add the *.jar driver to your project... "

but I HAVE added in Options->ADvanced the class path
/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar. Maybe the problem is that
this LO (as packaged by Fedora, that is) is using JRE 1.7.0_60 by
ORACLE?

Maybe, I don't have Fedora or the LO packages that go with it.

Also, adding ?autoReconnect=true to the database name, as some of the
many howtos and forums I already read, doesn't change anything.

This should not be need when you are connecting to a locally hosted
instance of the mysql server.

What now? First I thought the problem could be on the fedora side
(maybe something in selinux/firewall) but why would it work both on
the command line and on http/php from the same machine? that's why I
am also asking here.

A few suggestions :

- the command line client uses a mysql socket over UDP, LO on the other
hand, requires a TCP connection as far as I know - if you can access
your mydb via phpmyadmin, then I guess that a TCP socket is already
open, the question then remains as to where it is located - LO seems to
have that path hardcoded for some reason, so you might have to change
your mysql configuration to put that socket where LO expects to find it;

- is the default connection to the mysql server configured to run over
SSH (i.e. in the mysql server configuration) ? - there is/was a known
issue recently fixed (I think for 4.3, not sure whether backported) that
prevented users from gaining access to a ssh-connection on the mysql server.

Alex