(2014/04/17 22:36), Cley Faye wrote:

I am afraid, I do not understand.
Renaming the file to "current name.zip" does not change anything.
Creating a Zip Folder/file generates only ONE folder, containing ONE file
= the calc file. Size as stated.
I cannot see any XML file anywhere ....

​You have to change the file extension from ".ods​" to ".zip". If you're
under windows, the file explorer probably hide the file extension, so you
have to unhide them (it's easy, the procedure is described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865219/en)

Once you can change the file extension to zip, you should be able to open
it and see how files are laid out. You'll have something that ressemble
this structure: http://i.imgur.com/eAEuZZ5.png​​

Thank you.
I managed that.
It shows a "content.xml" file of about 54 kb and a folder named "Fonts", that contains 17 fonts with numbers (no names), worth about 25 MB.
This seems to be the villain.
I think, I found under "properties" an item "embed fonts in document".
Unchecking that reduced file size to about 100 kb.
Hopefully that solved my problem und will prevent the file from crashing.

Thank you, again.
Thomas