[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: White lines
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: White lines
- From: Andreas Säger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:09:29 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Am 10.08.2012 22:41, Séamas Ó Brógáin wrote:
A blank line does not have to be an empty line. (^$)
She didn’t say “blank line”: she said “white line.” A white line is a
line space between paragraphs that contains no text. (In a
word-processor file I take this to be a line created by pressing the
“return” key a second time.) The concept and the term are some centuries
older than word-processor contrivances whereby extra space is added as
part of a paragraph style.
But she mentions that she replaces ^p in WinWord which matches a paragraph mark.
Regular expression ^[:space:]*$ matches optional white space between the start position and the end position of a line.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: White lines||Andrew Brager <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] White lines||Séamas Ó Brógáin <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] why does Windows version take so long to remove?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: White lines
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] White lines
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: White lines